Tuesday, January 13, 2009

i feel good today. real good. i woke up feeling great. had a ridiculous amount of dreams last night; melissa mitchell was in my dream, as was my band. we kept trying to play, but it was an open mic or something, and we could never get all of us on stage at the same time. and melissa was married with three kids. that's just weird; i haven't thought of her in ages. she was cute, really cute. i also more awkward pauses with her than anyone else i've ever encountered. i think travis could back me on that one.

but i feel fantastic. i got a couple new drumheads yesterday at rupp's - a 10" emperor coated head for my hi-tom, and a 14" ambassador coated head for my snare. the tom sounds fantastic; the snare head's going to have to stretch out a bit before the sound is really good quality. but my first jam with the new heads was a good one. hopefully it's a taste of things to come.

and tomorrow i begin my first babysitting job in probably ten years or more. only this time, i'm being paid to take care of my irish neighbor's kids for five days. wake them up, put them to bed, help them with homework, make dinner, and of course, hang out, play, and watch movies with them every other second. i'm actually very excited. we're gonna watch ace ventura. it's a movie every kid has to see, because it's completely ridiculous, and therefore totally awesome.

i just beat minesweeper on expert in 72 seconds.. not my record, but awesome nonetheless.

tried the oatmeal stout for the first time with hiner last night. the first one exploded in my hands, which means it wasn't cold enough. the second one was cold enough, and it was absolutely fuckin delicious. so now we need a name for it. suggestions? i was thinking perhaps percussive, or perhaps political. obama's inaugural oatmeal stout? it's a tough decision, for sure.

current music: the mountain goats - "oceanographer's choice"

No comments: